About the content:
The Netherlands is an EU member and committed to EU legislation such as:
- EU Taxonomy which is a Europe-wide standardised classification system for sustainable economic activities.
- The European Green Deal which is set to cut CO2 emissions in Europe by 2030 compared with 1990 levels.
- The European Disclosure Regulation which focuses on sustainability in financial products such as real estate funds.
- National climate targets are set in the National Climate Agreement (Klimaatakkoord).
- Climate targets are set for real estate developers and companies requiring specific energy labelling.
- Private homeowners are supported with subsidies to move away from energy forms such as natural gas.
- By 2050, the country aims to reduce CO2 emissions by 95%.
- Subsidy scheme (SDE++) promotes the use of technologies avoiding CO2 production.